| - What are the general rules of behaviour?|
- What are the forum and site rules?
- What are the rules for avatars and signatures?
What are the general rules of behaviour?
This is a gaming site, and the main goal is that people can have fun here. Because some people have different definitions of fun here are some basic guidelines of what is and isn't tolerated on For King and Country.
Not everything that is not listed here is automatically allowed, you still need to think for yourself.
No double accounts.
You are allowed to have only one account on this server. If you have family members or friends playing on your computer or from the same IP-address, you should ask prior permission from the moderators using the contact form, so that you will not be inadvertently banned. If it is determined that you are playing dishonestly, you will still be banned, however. Also please do not create a new an account in order to change your name. You are allowed to change your name once each age, during the first 2 days of the age. If you create a second account to change your name, or even just to try new strategy, both accounts may be banned.
Don't give your password away to others! So no account sharing!
You are explicitly not allowed to let others play on your account for example to join an army under your name. Only the owner of the account may do this. If this is detected all these accounts may be (temporarily) banned. Also, there is no reversal of stupid actions done by other people who got hold of your password. That's entirely your own responsibility.
Don't use abusive or sexually oriented language.
Some people find it funny to use abusive words in every sentence, but that is not allowed here. If you see people doing it in the game (messages, forum but also army descriptions and soldier/ship names!) please report it.
Continuous use will lead to banning.
No unasked advertising of other sites/stuff.
No automated use of the site
You are not allowed to automate any part of the game. This includes using auto-refreshing or auto-loading of pages for any reason or the use of multiple browsers/computers to get around the 1 battle per second maximum training speed in the game. This is considered cheating and will lead to banning.
Don't abuse the court martial!
Everyone is free to join any country. It's unacceptable to kick someone from 'your' country because he is not one of your friends. This game is all about cooperation and the court martial can only be used to improve the cooperation in your country. Breaking this rule is a serious banning offence. It is not allowed to court martial a game admin or moderator without consulting KnC's management.
Lastly, if you find a bug, don't abuse it.
Report it so that it can be fixed, this game is still relatively new, so unfortunately there may appear some bugs. Not everything that is not listed here is automatically allowed, you still need to think for yourself.
No use of anonymous proxies.
Using anonymous proxies no longer is allowed, if you use it, you can get banned and we check on it.
Do not abuse the rules to help other players
In particular you are not allowed to give ships to other players by letting them capture them on purpose.
The one-ally rule
You can only have one ally, and thereby no more than one friendly war. We consider every war ingame as a real war (apart from the war with your ally). You cannot make it friendly by requesting countrymen not to PvP. Real war includes PvP. We check ingame messages and HC messages to enforce this. We do not check IRC, but no-PvP requests on IRC are not legitimate and do not have to be followed by your countrymen. You are also not allowed to tell your countrymen a war is friendly (either by ingame message or post on country talk), or that you have an alliance of more than two countries.
What are the forum and site rules?
- The forum is meant to be a place to discuss the game, ask questions and to report suggestions and bugs. It is not a place to discuss our policies, bans, moderators, admins or warnings.
- Decisions (bans or warnings) of moderators or admins cannot be discussed in public (forum or the in game friends forum). If you find that a decision of a moderator is unfair, please contact the site administrators, Vincent or Bram. They will examine your concern. Please note, that their decision is final. Every discussion about our decisions will be deleted by us. If you contact a site admin too often and we do not rule in your favour, the stricter our decisions will be. Remember however we are humans and make mistakes. We apologize for that beforehand. If you discuss our decisions aggressively we will not respond, even if in your opinion our decision was wrong, contact an admin or moderator in a normal way.
- We have any right to delete, adapt or move messages of users. We also have the right to close subjects and forum when we find it necessary.
- It is not allowed to post messages that contain obscene, vulgar, slander, libel, hateful, threatening, sexual-oriented or otherwise inappropriate content.
- It is not allowed to post content that contains religious or political views and affiliations.
- If you have a problem with a player about unfair play or whatever, contact a moderator and respect his/her decision. It is not allowed to discuss a specific player (by name) on the forum. (or in game friends forum)
- The language at this site is in English; all public messages of users should be in English.
- Any exploiting of a bug whether you knew it or not can result in some form of punishment. If you got a punishment and somebody else did not, do not whine you got a punishment, but report the other player to the moderators as well.
- Any form of spamming or other abuse of the forum will lead to a ban on the forum.
- Online behaviour has to be based on common sense and a basic etiquette. You violate our site rules if you (or someone else using your account) act in the following way: posting or sending, promoting or distributing illegal content. Harassing, threatening or humiliating other users is not allowed, this means: not saying something bad about another user, not sending unsolicited messages to other users, no racist, discriminating, or other (nasty) judgments about race, sexual orientation, believe, background, etc. If you don't agree with an opinion of someone, please respond to the subject and not to the person. Distributing or helping to distribute content that is damaging, insulting, racist, vulgar, sexual oriented, privacy disrupting in any form, will not be tolerated. Slander (libel) will not be tolerated. Disrupting our in game or forum messages with vulgar language, cursing or swearing, repeatedly using the same character, posting large images or texts, yelling (excessive use of upper cast characters) or flooding (posting same message over and over again) is not allowed.
- king-and-country.com/lastknights.com has the right to read your private messages in game or on the forum if we have reason to, like complaints from other players. If you do not want us to read these, communicate in another way.
- Posting messages for any other purpose then personal communication is not allowed. For instance posting ads, chain messages, pyramid games or other forms of commercially using this forum is not allowed.
If you do not comply with our forum rules, you will be banned from the forum (for how long depends on your past behaviour). You even can be banned from the game as well if we find that necessary.
[*]Not everything that is not listed here is automatically allowed, you still need to think for yourself and use your common sense.
What are the rules for avatars and signatures?
Avatars restricted to pictures of 80 x 80 pixels or smaller and may not have a file size larger than 6 kb. Displaying an image from another site as your avatar has been disabled; you must upload your avatar in your profile. Avatars may not contain explicit, offensive or inappropriate material.
Signatures are restricted to text-only, no pictures allowed. BBCode is enabled. The maximum length is 255 characters (including the BBCode!).